Poll: has anyone remapped their Caps Lock key? If yes, what did you map it to?
- freetranslatesoftware likes this
- bamboszpoetry likes this
- bijouxfrance likes this
- ytirucespkimer likes this
- motionmediamogul answered: Why would you remap it?
- banesbrew answered: nope. haven’t remapped it
- loganabbott likes this
- tejagainstthemachine answered: hotkey for a drop-down terminal
- jayrobinson answered: Not remapped, but I did disable it on my Mac.
- damoon answered: WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO REMAP THE CAPS LOCK KEY?
- bdotdub answered: Most of the programmers I know who use vim remap it to ESC.
- This was featured in #Tech
- graysky answered: One of the first things I do on a new Mac. I map CAPS LOCK to ⌘ (command). Really needed it when I used Emacs more and the chorded key-combos
- andywellis answered: Google remapped it for me on the Cr-48, changed to “Search” and I’d say it’s more useful.
- langer said: …or by “remap it to [disappearing unescaped html entities]” I meant the control key.
- langer answered: Anyone who spends any amount of time on the command line would be well served to remap it to , old school Sun style.
- gsiener answered: No. But it’s a good reminder!
- thegongshow posted this